Discover more about the Etsy platform including how to buy and sell your handmade crafts and art! Check out top 6 helpful tips!
Etsy is one of the most popular online marketplaces for buying and selling handmade crafts. The beauty of this platform is its uniqueness and the way it supports the small businesses and all those talented artists and crafters from all around the world.
On Etsy, you can find original products that you can’t find on someplace else. This is because all products are handmade and created from the seller personally. There are millions and millions of active sellers on Etsy who make custom products to suit your needs and fit your preferences.
If you haven’t used Etsy before, now is the perfect time to open this platform and enter this community. The people are friendly and the sellers generally offer excellent customer service, so if you have questions or concerns you can always get in touch with them.
We are going to present you 6 tips for all those interested in buying and selling on Etsy!
6 Tips for Buying and Selling on Etsy
Here are the 6 tips you can use when buying or selling on Etsy:
- Don’t Hesitate to Ask the Seller – It is normal if you have any additional questions about a certain product. If you are unsure about the product’s quality, dimensions, material or color, you can always ask the seller. The seller is here to meet your concerns and inform you about everything you need to know. You will get an answer real quickly if the seller is reliable and legit. If you don’t receive an answer, find another seller.
- Check the Shipping – There are certain cases – when the product is cheaper, the shipping is more expensive in order to make up the difference. In order to avoid this, always check the shipping policy as well as hidden shipping costs. Inform yourself about the full price, before you decide to buy a certain product.
- Research Before Buying – An important thing to remember is don’t buy the first product that pops up in the search list. Instead, research a little before you decide to buy a certain product. Check various sellers, compare prices and then choose the product you are going to buy!
- Don’t Overprize Your Products – We know that the end result is profit, but make sure not to overprice your products. The price should be real and affordable to your customers. Also don’t put a cheap price as well. Your customers will think that your products are with low-quality. Find a gold middle and choose the right price.
- Use High-Quality Photos Only – The photography sells, especially if you are selling something online. Clear, eye-catching, and amazing photos are the key to attracting customer’s attention.
- Be Kind, Friendly & Overly Detailed – You need to provide impeccable customer service, be kind and friendly to all of your customers. If your customers are asking for additional information and details, make sure to provide them. After all, they should know what they are buying.
A Final Word
Etsy is a great platform for both buying and selling. Regardless of your plans, make sure to visit Etsy and check the categories it offers. We can guarantee you that you will find something interesting to buy according to your style, needs, and budget. For all those interested in selling on Etsy, this is an excellent opportunity to develop your own online shop!
Have fun and don’t forget to use our tips!